Copyright information

Copyright law allows you to make 1 (one) archival copy of another person’s work.  Works in free/open sources or in the public domain do not require copyright clearance.

Duplication: making multiple copies of copyrighted material requires clearance from the owner of the copyrighted work. For duplication of copyrighted music compositions this is called a mechanical license . There may also be performance rights to consider if you are not the performer of the music being duplicated. Similarly, you may need to get copyright permission for any graphics you use that are not yours.  Generally in the US, copyright for music is life of the composer + 75 years. However many publishers renew copyrighted material periodically. Check the date on your media. Of course, if you are the original author/composer and performer, you do not need a mechanical license.  You are responsible for securing licenses for duplication of copyrighted material.  For music compositions, you can obtain copyright permission (mechanical license) directly from the copyright owner, which is usually the publisher of the music, or sometimes the composer.  Or you can more easily obtain a mechanical license from a licensing agency, two of which are listed here:  

By contracting with us (Magnetic Memories) to perform duplication services you warrant that you accept responsibility for obtaining the appropriate copyright  licenses required by law.